Monday, June 6, 2016

Spartan Superway Summer 2016

Hello All,

My name is Eric Hagstrom and I will be the Research Intern Manager this summer working on the Spartan Superway. I am a recent graduate with a B.S in Mechanical Engineering. My duties this summer will include ensuring deadlines are met so that all of the interns working this summer have something to go home to be proud of, and to make sure the project is completed on schedule. All of the interns will learn new skills, whether that be team-working, computer automated drafting, machine took skills, and research in their particular area of expertise to expand their engineering knowledge. I will be providing technical assistance as well.

In addition to managing this summer, I will be directly working on the small-scale controls system. My first project will include designing a vehicle tracking system using a hall effect sensor and corrugated sheet metal. I am hopeful that a neodymium magnet in alliance with the hall effect sensor will provide a consistent signal when moved along the corrugated sheet metal. This will provide vehicle tracking for the small-scale track, and potentially the half and full scale tracks as well.

-Eric Hagstrom
Mechanical Engineer @ SJSU
Ejhagstrom1991@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment